Help put better patient care into practice with the online Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) program. Advanced practice nurse leaders are needed from the patient room to the boardroom. Clear your path to advanced and executive roles in today’s evidence-based practice environment through this post-master’s online D.N.P. program from one of the top nursing schools in America. The program was ranked #26 among the Best Nursing Schools for a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree by U.S. News & World Report, 2017.
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing identifies the D.N.P. as a credential that shows proof of the ability to handle increasingly complex nursing responsibilities in practice, education, and leadership roles, as well as to enhance patient outcomes. With the CCNE* -accredited, practice-based DNP curriculum, you will be positioned to fill a growing need for expert clinical practitioners and administrators now and in the years to come.
Catholic University's online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree requires the successful completion of 37 credits in courses covering such topics as:
- Emerging issues in health care and challenges in nursing
- Standards of practice and health care ethics
- Principles of epidemiology
- Public and private financing in health care
- Clinical research
- Health care biostatistics
- Population-based health care management
- Leadership in nursing
Explore your chosen specialty focus, role, or patient population with a residency and an evidence-based practice project you’ll complete under the close guidance and support of our faculty members. This practice-based residency will give you the experience and skills needed to improve the nursing practice and the health care delivery system in America.
Practicing nurses who are interested in transitioning into the role of nurse scientists or nurse scholars may prefer the Ph.D. in nursing program, a research-intensive doctoral degree in nursing that focuses heavily on scientific content and research methodology. The online D.N.P. program, by contrast, is a practice-focused nursing degree that is designed to prepare the next generation of leading nurse practitioners. In either case, the two programs are considered terminal degrees in nursing.
Here are some reasons to pursue your doctor of nursing practice online at The Catholic University of America’s School of Nursing:
- Catholic University is distinguished by an engaging and encouraging learning community anchored by our enthusiastic, supportive faculty members.
- The School of Nursing has been awarded many federal grants throughout the years, a recognized indicator of excellence.
- Graduates of our nursing programs consistently show exceptionally high pass rates on relevant certification exams.
The purpose of the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, D.N.P., is to prepare expert advanced practice nurse clinicians and leaders within a practice-focused doctoral program.
Graduates are prepared to assume leadership positions in nursing/health care, with the ultimate goals of improving health care and the health status of people.
Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Analyze and apply scientific knowledge and skills to provide the highest level of advanced practice nursing.
- Implement emerging science and practice innovations in health care.
- Evaluate and initiate changes in response to social, political, economic, and ethical issues in health care and the discipline of nursing.
- Collaborate with members of other disciplines in the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs and policies for the improvement of health care.
- Assume leadership roles in nursing/health care.
Help meet the demand for advanced practice nurses who can effectively respond to constant change and innovation to create better care for all. Learn the skills necessary for a professional nursing career from one of the best schools for nursing. Request more information to learn about our online D.N.P. program.