Ranked Top 10 US News & World Report
- Nationally known, clinically expert faculty
- Flexible learning for busy professionals
- A variety of specialties including FNP, PNP(Primary and Acute), and AGNP
- MSN, DNP and Post Graduate Certificate Options
- Financial Aid is available
- Apply Today and receive an application fee waiver ($60 savings.) Select "School of Nursing - Online".
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the demand for registered nurse practitioners, including F.N.P.s, to increase by 31% over the next decade. Combine this with the fact that experts predict a massive nursing shortage in the United States by 2020 and you can understand how advanced nursing education and an F.N.P. certification can set you up for a long and successful health care career.
From Accredited Curriculum to Licensure
Catholic University’s CCNE-accredited School of Nursing is among the top nursing schools in the U.S., and the online M.S.N. degree is designed to meet the standards required for nurse practitioner programs nationwide. The F.N.P. track meets the curriculum guidelines and recommendations of the:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Program (AANP)
After passing the national certification exam, you will be eligible for licensure as an F.N.P. You will need to pass the F.N.P. exam and apply for F.N.P. state certification before you can practice as an F.N.P. Members of Catholic University’s online M.S.N. program will guide you through the process and provide post-graduation support services to assist you in becoming a nurse practitioner.
Family Nurse Practitioner Track Courses
As an FNP, you’ll deal with varied patients and health problems in a number of different health care delivery settings. FNP track coursework emphasizes the skills and abilities to provide comprehensive primary for patients across the lifespan. This accredited online nurse practitioner program is taught by some of the leading experts in the field. These professionals bring years of experience in nursing, providing students with the knowledge and skills most applicable to their nursing practitioner careers.
In addition to the core nursing courses required to satisfy the M.S. in Nursing requirements, students in the Family Nurse Practitioner program will take classes in:
- Perinatal Health
- The 3 Ps (Pathophysiology, Physical/Health Assessment and Pharmacology)
- Family and Culture
- Discrete courses in Pediatrics and Adolescent Health
- Management of Health Problems in Adults and Geriatrics
- Biomedical Ethics
- Advanced Practice Role
The FNP track also requires 700 hours of supervised clinical experience, which will give you the hands-on skills that are an important part of the F.N.P. role. Your faculty adviser will prompt and guide you throughout the program as you approach your clinical hours. Your clinical residency is done locally, and you may create a plan designed to allow flexibility around your work and family schedules. The local nursing residency is another way Catholic University designs their program requirements around the needs of working professionals and distance learners like you.