Our Most Flexible Program Offered
- A U.S. News Best Online Program
- Flexible full- or part-time online
- Program includes week long on-campus experiences 2 for Adult-Gerontological Primary Care, Family, and Pediatric Primary Care specialties. 3 for Dual Primary and Acute Pediatric Care specialty includes 3 week long on-campus experiences
- Provides access to world-class clinical sites
- Application fee waived for online learners (a $60 value.)
The Catholic University MSN program prepares BSN nurses for the nurse practitioners role. All specialty program are carefully designed to prepare students to sit for population-specific national certification examinations. Full-time (2-year) and part-time (3-year) plans of students are available
Nurse Practitioner Program Options
The Conway School of Nursing offers flexible online programs tailored to working nurses.
Post-graduate certificate programs in these specializations.
The MSN program is based upon a tiered curriculum. The tiered approach provides quality educational
Graduate students wishing to academically qualify for the National League of Nursing Certified Nurse Educator certification may do so within any MSN specialty program provided they obtain 9 or more credit hours in selected graduate education courses. Students interested in teaching nursing may wish to consider this academic preparation which, together with teaching experience, will meet the qualifications for the certification examination (9 credit option added to any MSN degree).
The aim of the Master of Science in Nursing Program is to prepare students as
The Master of Science in Nursing builds upon baccalaureate education in nursing and prepares students for leadership roles in fields of advanced practice nursing as nurse practitioners.
Upon completion of the MSN program, the graduate will have:
- Acquired advanced knowledge from the sciences and the humanities to support evidence-based advanced practice nursing;
- Integrated nursing theory as the foundation for advanced practice nursing;
- Demonstrated expertise in a selected role within a specialized area of advanced practice nursing;
- Acquired advanced knowledge and skills to use and disseminate the findings of nursing research,
- Acquired advanced knowledge and skills to effect optimum delivery of health care services;
- Demonstrated ethical behavior and respect for Judeo-Christian values and;
- Acquired a foundation for doctoral study.
From Accredited Curriculum to Licensure
Catholic University’s CCNE-accredited School of Nursing is among the top nursing schools in the U.S., and the online M.S.N. degree is designed to meet the standards required for nurse practitioner programs nationwide. The nurse practitioner tracks meet the curriculum guidelines and recommendations of the:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Program (AANP)
After passing the national certification exam, you will be eligible for licensure. You will need to pass the appropriate exam and apply for state certification before you can practice as a nurse practitioner. Members of Catholic University’s online M.S.N. program will guide you through the process and provide post-graduation support services to assist you in becoming a nurse practitioner.