The Conway School of Nursing and Catholic University offer various scholarship and loan opportunities.
More than 90% of undergraduates in the Conway School of Nursing receive merit-based academic scholarships and/or need-based grants. Through the generosity of Bill and Joanne Conway, full scholarships, including full tuition and mandatory fees, average room and board, and books, are awarded to approximately 12 first-year students each year. No separate application is required.
Each year, The Conway School of Nursing (CSON) at The Catholic University of America also provides scholarship awards to incoming graduate students enrolled in online degree-granting programs. A scholarship can help you pay for tuition costs and reduce your need for other types of financial aid such as student loans. If you are newly admitted to an online graduate program, we encourage you to apply for a scholarship by clicking on the scholarship application link below.
In addition to more opportunities listed below, students can take advantage of:
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: the program offers tax-exempt loan forgiveness after making 120 payment for nurses employed full-time in a federal, state, local or tribal government facility, a tax-exempt nonprofit organization, or the Peace Corps or AmeriCorps.
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program: the program pays for up to $25,000 for each year of a two-year contract for unpaid nursing education debt for primary care certified nurse practitioners who are currently working in a facility that is an National Health Service Corps-approved facility or located in a health professional shortage area.
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program: the program pays for up to 85% of unpaid nursing education debt for registered nurses (RNs), advanced practice regisered nurse (APRNs to include NPS), and nurse faculty if you work full-time in an eligible critical shortage facility or at an accredited school of nursing.
- State-based programs have nursing loan forgiveness programs for nurses working in designated critical-need facilities and regions. Below are links to a few state-based programs:
a. California State Loan Repayment Program for NPs
b. Florida State Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program for RNs and NPs
c. Wisconsin Health Professions Loan Assistance Program for NPs
- Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Nurse Corps Scholarship Program (for MSN students)
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program (Available for MSN Students)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Scholarships - AACN provides a listing of additional scholarship opportunities, scholarship resources, and search engines