To apply to the online Ph.D. in nursing program, you must meet the following requirements and submit the following items using The Catholic University of America’s online Graduate Application.
To be considered for admission to the Ph.D. in nursing program, you must hold baccalaureate and master's degrees in nursing from an accredited institution with a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Graduates of international programs not accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE must have transcripts evaluated and comparability to an American degrees established.
To apply, submit:
- A completed graduate nursing application.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate study that provide evidence of academic ability to complete the program and do original research. A GPA of 3.2 or higher is desired.
- Three letters of reference (at least one from a former dean, former faculty member or academic adviser and at least one from a current or former supervisor preferably in a clinical practice/research/academic setting).
- A written statement of career goals and proposed area of research.
- A copy of a recent scholarly paper, research report or publication related to clinical nursing
- International applicants should attach copies of all grade reports, certificates, and transcripts at the time of application in both the original language and in English translation. English proficiency and proof of funding documents must be presented to the Office of Graduate Admissions either by postal mail or in person. These documents will not be accepted through the online application.
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- International students must meet all University requirements, including TOEFL scores to be considered.