July 18, 2023

Laura Lenzi (formerly Keehn) is a Conway School of Nursing graduate, Class of 2014. She's a nurse practitioner at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She shares her advice for the incoming Class of 2027.

Why did you choose the Conway School of Nursing at Catholic University?

"I chose Catholic University because of the quality of the people I met while visiting there. I also read and heard great things about the nursing school, and I wanted to experience the city of Washington, D.C."

Tell me about one of your favorite memories of the nursing school or Catholic University.

"I made some incredible friends throughout my time at Catholic University. Nursing school friends and I would do study sessions and prepare for clinical together; in stressful situations, you feel bonded to one another which is something that continues into the career of nursing. I also swam for Catholic and my best friends are from the swim team, some of whom were my bridesmaids!"

How did your education and your experience at the School of Nursing or University change you?

"I was prepared to enter the nursing world. I grew up a great deal during my time at Catholic University by navigating challenges that inevitably come to one pursing a career in healthcare. I also developed a love of the nursing field which inspired me to go back to school for my MSN. I now work as an NP in pediatric oncology at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. 

What advice do you have for the incoming class of 2027?

"Enjoy it all! There will be good times, challenges, and everything in between. Each experience will teach you something so keep an open mind and work hard. You’re in a great place to learn and grow!"